Hours of Operation (Opening Day is May 30th)
||1:00 - 7:00 PM (Daily)
Anyone 9 & under must be supervised by an adult (16 years or older). Anyone entering the facility must pay admission or have a pass regardless of intent to swim. A family member is considered to be anyone claimed as a dependent on your tax forms. Passes and ticket books go on sale May 1, 2015.
Daily Pool Tickets, Individual and Family Passes are sold at the Park and Recreation Office Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00PM. Please visit us at 220 West Monroe, Mount Pleasant, IA 52641.
||$120.00 (2-5 members, $5.00 each additional member)
|Ages 16 & up
|TICKET BOOKS (1 ticket per patron):
|Ticket books and passes are sold at City Hall (385-1475).
Features of the Pool
- Zero depth entry
- Six lane 25 yd. pool
- 330,000 gal. of water
- 17,000 sq ft. of deck
- Family changing area
- Handicapped accessibility
- 2 diving boards (1m & 3m)
- 64,000 sq ft. of grassy area
- Fountain and jets in water
- Lockers inside and outside bathhouse
- Safe and adequate parking
- Heated water
- Shaded structures
- Concession area
- 2 water slides
There are 16 half-size lockers available for rent in each locker room for $50.00 per season. Rentals are available beginning May 1, 2015. Lockers are also available on a first come, first serve basis near the deck of the pool. A refundable quarter allows access to the locker throughout the day.
Saturday and Sunday mornings, the pool may be rented to the public from 8:00 am-12:00 pm or 6- 8 pm Sunday-Saturday. A one-month notice needs to be made prior to rental. The rental fee is $350 without slides and $450 with slides, plus a $100 deposit. Lifeguards will be provided by the Park & Recreation Department. Contact Gary Grunow at 385-1476 to make a reservation or for more information.
A separate concession stand is located on the Northwest side of the building serving both inside patrons and the outside public. Items such as popcorn, sandwiches, nachos, snow cones, hot dogs, candy, Pepsi products, iced tea, and lemonade may be purchased. Please keep food inside the concession area while at the pool.
- Dangerous behavior such as rough play, running, throwing, or riding on shoulders is not permitted.
- The following items are prohibited from the pool and pool area: street shoes, squirt guns water guns, balls, tubes, or other floatation devices, gum, band-aids, cigarettes, play-pens, scuba tanks and weight belts, as well as any other item deemed potentially dangerous by the manager.
- Regulation swimming suits are required for all patrons in the pool. T-shirts are not allowed.
- Children must be able to swim 25 yards of front crawl in good form before swimming without the supervision of an adult.
- No one age 9 and under will be admitted without an adult, (someone 16 or older). An adult may supervise up to 4 non-swimmers at a time.
- Diving is not permitted in less than 10 ft. of water.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any person whose presence is detrimental to themselves or others.
- The Park & Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Food and drinks cannot be brought into the facility.
- Must be able to swim 25 yards to use diving well.
- One person on the board at a time; no multiple bouncing, must dive straight off board.
- Must wait until the diving well is clear before diving.
- No back flips, inward and reverse diving, cartwheels, or hanging on the board.
- After diving, swim directly to ladder area.
- No swimming is allowed in the diving well.
- Patrons must behave in an orderly manner.
- No swim suits with zipper, buckles, rivets or floatation devices
- Anyone pregnant, with a heart condition or a back problem is advised against using the slide.
- Children may only ride with an adult.
- Patrons must exit the pool immediately, no swimming allowed in catch pool.
- Must be 48 inches or taller to use slides alone.